You were lonely and in order to at least somehow brighten up your lonely evenings, you installed Omegle or Chatroulette and started online communication. And so it happened – you found a soulmate.
How to make this acquaintance a guarantee of a long and successful relationship? There is no single algorithm for building relationships, but psychologists have identified a number of rules, using which you can try to make them at least a little more ideal.
- Remember that Omegle or Chatroulette is a big lottery. Therefore, if you like the interlocutor, make sure that you can see him/her more than once. Not everyone will give a phone number to a stranger, find out if your soulmate has a page in any social network.
- Try to communicate as often as possible. Show sincere interest. Get to know a person, talk about yourself. Look for common language. It is very important. The conversation should not be limited to standard questions: ‘How are you?’ or ‘What’s new?’. It is simply necessary that your partner be interested in discussions on a wide variety of topics.
- Read, watch documentaries, historical, non-fiction films. Improve your work skills. It is always more interesting to communicate with a successful, diversified person.
- If you are sure that the interest is mutual, try to arrange a real meeting. Be prepared for the fact that there may be a lot of difficulties.
- If a person is not from a distant country or from another continent, try to spend as much time as possible together. Plan a joint weekend, holidays, vacation. To maintain optimal relationships over distances, psychologists advise meeting at least once every 3 weeks – tactile sensations play a large role in both the life of a man and a woman.
- Build joint plans for life, break the implementation of large steps into several small ones and overcome them together. Achieving common goals brings people together.
- Share responsibility. Important decisions that can affect your life you should decide together.
- Be able to admit your mistakes and ask for forgiveness. There are no ideal people and in any, even a very loving couple, contradictions can arise.
- Overcome jealousy. Without full trust to the partner, it is hard to maintain relationship at the proper level. You do not live together, there is no possibility of a constant real presence in the life of a partner, that is why you have to believe that he/she will talk about his/her life. And jealousy and distrust can destroy any feelings.
You should take into account that any relationship requires daily work on yourself. And the simplest and most effective rule is to treat with the person the way you want to be treated with you.